Like any insurance professional, you want to bring in more customers and make more sales. And the best way to do that is to put more effort into marketing. Make no mistake – digital marketing has become crucial for businesses, especially in recent years. Countless people are using the internet to research and purchase products, including insurance. So, agencies like yours need to be on the right channels. With insurance digital marketing, you can increase your visibility online and prove to potential customers that you can solve their current problem – protecting their families, their businesses, and their assets by having the proper coverage.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing, also called online marketing, is the promotion of brands to connect with potential and current customers using the internet and/or mobile devices. This includes tactics such as email, social media, web-based advertising, and text/multimedia messages. Essentially, if a marketing campaign involves digital communication, it’s digital marketing.
Why Is Insurance Digital Marketing Important?
In a recent global study conducted by Accenture, most insurance buyers now search for information on digital channels like Google or Bing. Additionally, 48% of insurance customers who responded to an Accenture survey stated that social media would factor into their insurance-buying decisions. This means prospects are turning to online resources before even contacting an agent! The reality is, if consumers find you digitally, they expect (and really, post-COVID, assume) they will have digital access to information and the agency once they’re a customer.
Moreover, industry experts predict the COVID-19 pandemic will have a lasting impact, making digital communications a must for insurance agents.
The most successful agencies have invested time and resources into building their online presence through solid insurance digital marketing strategies. They aim to communicate authentically and strategically across multiple channels, meeting prospects where they are. As a result, they’re able to increase brand awareness and demonstrate their expertise, which puts them in a better position to bring in more customers and make more sales.
What Are the Benefits of Insurance Digital Marketing?
Many independent agents are intimidated by insurance digital marketing because it’s new to them and there’s a lot to consider in reaching and engaging potential customers. But when you look at all the benefits it offers, you’ll see why it’s a must-add to your overall marketing strategy.
Here are just a few benefits…
- Cost-efficiency – Digital marketing is often less expensive than traditional advertising methods, such as print ads or TV commercials. Plus, you can extend your reach much further and look forward to a greater return on your investment. In addition, there are plenty of tools out there that can help streamline your marketing efforts, allowing your team to focus on more important tasks like selling insurance.
- More traffic – You can generate a lot more traffic when you take your digital marketing to the next level. For starters, being on social media allows you to talk directly to and engage your target audience, encouraging them to visit your website for more information. Additionally, optimizing your website for relevant keywords increases the chances of it ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Higher conversions – Insurance digital marketing often targets a narrower customer base. So, you’ll end up having more success converting visitors into leads or sales. Your agency might also use pinpoint targeting to drive traffic toward your site by reaching the right audience through social media advertising, email marketing campaigns, display ads on other sites, and more.
- Flexibility – Another benefit of insurance digital marketing is that it allows you to be more flexible. You’re able to adapt to new trends and market changes without a significant overhaul. And by changing up your online collateral to fit current events and customer needs, you can ensure your messaging stays fresh and your agency remains relevant.
How Does Digital Marketing Lead to Increased Sales?
As mentioned above, insurance digital marketing helps you reach potential customers by using various channels to increase your agency’s visibility online. The more visible you are, the greater your chances of making more sales. It’s just a matter of implementing the right tactics and meeting prospects where they are.
- Having an informative, easy-to-use website optimized for search lets prospective customers learn about your agency, explore your offerings, and consume valuable content that demonstrates your authority – all of which play a role in increasing sales.
- Sharing meaningful content on social media channels like Facebook and LinkedIn allows you to reach a broad audience and share updates with followers, which ultimately drives leads.
- Implementing email marketing campaigns and sending regular newsletters lets you notify recipients about new offerings and promotions, encouraging them to buy.
- And let’s not forget video. Consumers, especially millennials, are extremely comfortable learning from videos. More people watch YouTube videos than the combined audiences of Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime video! Creating informative videos and uploading them to YouTube lets you show your expertise.
Ultimately, insurance digital marketing helps agencies like yours stand out among competitors and attract new customers who are in the market for coverage.
How the Right Mobile App Solution Can Improve Your Marketing Efforts
Independent agents shouldn’t underestimate the value of technology when it comes to digital marketing. The tools you use can go a long way toward improving your marketing efforts. With Insurance Agent App, for example, you can not only deliver a great customer experience but also take your marketing to the next level to increase sales!
Here’s how Insurance Agent App helps…
- Self-service – Insurance clients expect virtual service in all areas of their lives. And your agency needs to deliver. With Insurance Agent App, you can provide your customers with the means to self-service and gain greater control over their insurance by setting bill pay reminders, managing inventory, accessing digital ID cards, requesting policy changes, and more.
- Enhanced communication – As mentioned before, insurance professionals who authentically and strategically engage across multiple channels gain a competitive edge. With Insurance Agent App, you can encourage communication through the app using call, text, or email; send push notifications; and use the app to supplement your marketing efforts.
- Ready-to-go marketing assets – Social media and video marketing are crucial to reaching and acquiring new clients. Insurance Agent App provides such marketing assets so you can promote your new agency-branded mobile app across multiple channels!
- Efficiency – The most successful advisors leverage technology to automate and save time. With Insurance Agent App, customers gain more freedom and flexibility, which means you save time on admin tasks and gain more selling/advising time. Additionally, you can use the promotional assets Insurance Agent App provides instead of having to spend time creating them.
- Greater connection – In the digital age, it can be tough to foster a genuine connection with current and prospective clients. Insurance Agent App allows you to meet customer servicing expectations and demonstrate that you care about making insurance easy for your policyholders.
The power of digital marketing is undeniable in today’s business landscape. In the insurance industry, a successful online presence can be the difference between being an agency that only continues to grow, and one that struggles to keep its doors open. With Insurance Agent App, you have a way to communicate and engage with customers, along with a wide range of assets to help promote your agency-branded mobile app.
Ready to take your insurance digital marketing to the next level? Schedule a demo today to see what Insurance Agent App can do for you.